BACON BOURBON ONIONS
Yield: 1 pint
1 lb bacon, coarsely chopped
2 c sliced onion
2 cl garlic, chopped
¼ c bourbon
1 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs cider vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
• In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Ladle out excess fat, leaving approximately 2 tablespoons in pan.
• Add onions and cook over medium heat until translucent and tender, about 10 minutes.
• Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more.
• Add remaining ingredients and cook until most of the moisture has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
• Season to taste with salt and pepper.