Join Sonoma Media Group as we celebrate 50 Years of G&G Supermarket in Sonoma County!
G&G Supermarket opened its first store in 1963 when Gee Kai Gong and Robert Gong formed a partnership and opened at the original 901 West College Avenue location. With the help of their spouses Fong and Carrie Gong and Gee Kai Gong’s children Betty, Dick, Lee, Don, and Dorothy, the foundation was set for the future of G&G Supermarket.
In 1972, as sales grew beyond the limits of the current site, G&G Supermarket built a 25,000 square feet supermarket that replaced the original store. This was one of the larger markets around at that time and soon became the shopping place for the community of Santa Rosa.
In the spring of 1981, G&G Supermarket opened one of the largest supermarkets in the state. The replacement unit was the size of a football field with over 84,000 square feet. The latest technology in refrigeration and lighting were incorporated at the 1211 West College Avenue location.
In November 2000 G&G Supermarket opened their Petaluma Marketplace store. This 55,000 square feet store on Sonoma Mountain Parkway next to the SRJC features all of the same departments as the Santa Rosa store.