Sonoma County officials are issuing toxic algae warnings for beaches up and down the Russian River. Water samples were taken Monday and positive results for a potentially dangerous neurotoxin were received yesterday, prompting officials to post “caution” warning signs. It’s the third consecutive year the algae-related toxin has been detected in the river. All ten beaches that are part of the testing protocol were clear last week. Testing will continue along the River and those warnings will be adjusted depending on any new results. Those who do use it are cautioned to wash off kids and pets: dogs are especially inclined to seek out the algae and eat it.