Fire In Rohnert Park Started Inside Makeshift Home

iStock/Thinkstock

A fire at a homeless camp in Rohnert Park on Sunday morning burned a makeshift home to the ground. The spot on private land north of Keiser Road near Snyder Road contains multiple individual camps. Firefighters responded to a call at about 8:30 in the morning. The crews had to cut through wires that had been strung up for security to get to the blaze. The fire likely started in a camp stove inside the structure, which was built of pallets, tarps, carpet, doors and windows. Responders say it was a substantial structure – about 300 feet in size.