Santa Rosa House Fire Started By Discarded Ashes

iStock

Cause of a fire that caused $200,000 damage to a Santa Rosa home appears to be discarded ashes. It happened Sunday Morning at a home on Royal Oak Place off West Steele Lane: The Press Democrat reports the ashes were put in a trash can which resulted in a fire which burned up the exterior of the house and into the attic where it caused the most damage. A fire crew returning from a medical call saw the flames, drove towards them, and had the fire under control in about 20 minutes. No one was injured in the blaze, including a couple and their child who lived in the house.